DSHSN - 52


During the break that day, Gu Yiyi was about to go out to play football with his friends when a classmate suddenly made a noise at the door. "Gu Yiyi, someone is looking for you."

Gu Yiyi said "Oh", picked up his basketball, and went to the door. When he reached the door, he saw a strange boy and was stunned for a moment.

"Who are you?"

The young man was wearing blue clothes and looked at him with a somewhat unkind look on his face: "I'm telling you, you are not welcome in our home. Please don't come to our home."

Gu Yiyi looked at this strange young man, narrowed his eyes, and slowly opened his lips: "Are you sick?"



That night, Gu Yiyi didn't come back when it was already very late. It was raining heavily outside, and it was very noisy.

Yan Li's eyes twitched and she called him, but was rejected.

Refused?

Yan Li lowered her eyes and called Gu Heng.

Just after making the call, Gu Yiyi came back. Just when Yan Li was about to ask him what happened, she saw Gu Yiyi walking over. He was soaked all over, his hair covered his eyes, and there was a bit of sarcasm on his lips, said: "Congratulations, I am not qualified to argue with you in the future."

Yan Li: "?"

"What’s wrong with you?"

Gu Yiyi was a little irritable: "I don't believe you don't know that I am not my father's biological son!"

Yan Li looked at the young man's uncontrollable emotions, moved her lips slightly, and nodded: "Well, I know, what next?"

Yan Li's calmness is not what Gu Yiyi wants to see. She should be happy: "I won't be qualified to fight with you for anything in the future."

Yan Li suddenly realized: "Oh, so, just because of this matter, you torture yourself into a person who is neither a human nor a ghost."

Yan Li's reaction was completely different from what he thought.

Gu Yiyi couldn't understand why she was so calm. He was originally a little irritable and had a bit of incomprehension: "Since you know that I am not my father's biological son, why are you unhappy? It's because you are not satisfied with me yet. Won’t I rob Beibei's things later?”

Thinking of Lin Ye's youngest son, Gu Yiyi became manic. From then on, he had no one to rely on. His biological father would not want him, and Gu Heng did not belong to him.

He became the unwanted child.

It turned out that Gu Heng was not treating him badly, but that he was simply not worthy of Gu Heng being so kind to him.

Yan Li was immediately amused by the child's childish thoughts.

"Although I do covet your father's money, I can't help it for Beibei, but Gu Yiyi, you are not a biological son, but you are better than a biological son. Your father has raised you for so many years without getting married for your sake. In any case, it is better to generate kindness than to cultivate kindness. You have reached adulthood in just a few years. If I were your father, I would be heartbroken to see the son I raised with such hard work running away to find someone else to be his father."

"You are the future heir of the Gu family. You know this without me telling you, right? How could you think so without your father's permission? He has many ways to let you know your own truth. But he didn’t reveal your identity, he kept it secret. Lin Ye’s arrival was an accident. I know that based on your personality, you won’t go back, so just pretend you don’t know anything. After all, your father will be sad if you leave. He has raised you for so many years and treats you as his own son. In the end, he doesn’t want you to just call him uncle."

Yan Li thought for a while and felt that there was only so much she could say. She took a deep look at Gu Yiyi and said, "That's all. Okay, I'll go upstairs. Come on, think about it slowly. Anyway, I am just a spectator, what happens between you two, what you do and how you decide is your own business."

"But I think it's still necessary for you and your father to sit down and have a calm chat."

After Yan Li finished speaking, she turned around and went upstairs.

Gu Yiyi was left alone downstairs, thinking with his eyes lowered.

Gu Heng came back early.

After returning home, he stayed with Beibei for a while, then went back to the room to wash up. Yan Li had already told him about this in advance, but he didn't rush to find Gu Yiyi. After taking a bath, he went to his study to do some work. Things went down.

Not long after he sat down, Gu Yiyi came in. The boy, who was almost as tall as him, lowered his head and looked dejected, like a lost dog.

Gu Heng put down his work, leaned back, looked at him, sighed helplessly, and asked, "What do you want to ask me?" Gu Yiyi had already changed his clothes, his eyes were red, and he was looking at Gu Heng asked: "Tell me, do you still want this son?"

The young man's tone was calm, not as irritable as Gu Heng imagined. Thinking about it, Yan Li should have persuaded him.

The faint light in the study fell on Gu Heng, a faint smile appeared on his lips, and he asked: "I have raised a son for more than ten years, and I want it even if I don't have it. What else would I want?"

This is probably the only thing in Gu Yiyi's life where he and Gu Heng have the most tacit understanding.

"Then the Lin family..." Gu Yiyi was a little repelled.

He was very afraid, very afraid that Gu Heng would ask him to go back and recognize his biological father.

Gu Heng said, "I don't want you to go back. Of course, if you want to be close to your biological father, I don't have any problem with that."

Gu Yiyi shook his head: "I won't go back."

"Okay, then I'll tell them not to bother you again."

"Good."

After Gu Yiyi finished chatting with Gu Heng, he turned towards the door. After a while, he turned back, his lips moved, and said to Gu Heng, "Can I go see my mother?"

"Can."

"Give me the address and I'll go there myself. You don't need to go."

Gu Heng didn't force it and said yes.

The next day, Gu Yiyi bought a bouquet of flowers and went to the cemetery in the north of the city. Here, he saw his mother for the first time. She was a very beautiful and clean woman. Before leaving today, when he asked Yan Li, Yan Li said that she had suffered a lot and was very pitiful.

Gu Yiyi's fingers gently fell on the woman's tombstone, tears suddenly fell down, and he shouted softly: "Mom."

He told the woman lying here quietly that Gu Heng was very good to him. Gu Heng refused to get married for many years because of him. Now there is a woman beside him. That woman is neither cold nor hot and doesn't care much about Gu Heng, but not annoying at all.

He told his biological mother that he would never recognize his biological father in his life, and that his life was very good now. Gu Heng was very good, Yan Li was very good, and little Yan Beibei was actually quite good, too. So be it, he was very satisfied.

At this moment, Yan Li's voice suddenly sounded behind him. Gu Yiyi turned around and saw Yan Li standing behind him with a flower in his hand, looking at him with a smile: "I didn't expect that, you brat can also say nice things about me."

Gu Yiyi's face turned red and his voice was a little stiff: "No way."

"What's wrong with you?"

Yan Li placed the calla lily she brought in front of sister Gu's tombstone. After taking a look at it, she said to Gu Yiyi, "Your father will go play with Beibei later. Do you want to go?"

Gu Yiyi refused: "I don't want to play with children."

Yan Li looked at him sideways: "You really don't want to go?"

Gu Yiyi looked reluctant.

"Okay, since you begged me, I'll go."

Yan Li laughed at him: "Are you going to be so duplicitous?"

Gu Yiyi, in turn, taunted her: "You are the one who is duplicitous, right?" 

Yan Li was too lazy to argue with him, so she sent a message to Sister Gu and left: "We will wait for you in the car. You can finish talking to your mother."

"No need."

There will be plenty of opportunities to talk about it later.

At this point, Gu Yiyi suddenly said: "By the way, Yan Li, tell me, I already call my uncle my father, should I change my name to you?"

Yan Li: "Hey, son."

Gu Yiyi couldn't help but darken his face when he saw her looking like she was taking advantage of him. He followed Yan Li's footsteps and asked, "Will dad and you get divorced in the future?"

Yan Beibei was now watched by Gu Heng. When she came back, Gu Heng bought her many gifts. What should she say? Yan Li is also a very tacky woman. She can't be indifferent to jewelry. What's more, Gu Heng has a good figure and will help take care of Beibei now.

"I don't want to think about it yet."

"So do you like my dad?"

"So so."

Gu Yiyi said: "Then can you two not get divorced?"

Yan Li saw things clearly: "Whether we want a divorce or not depends on your father's attitude. If he behaves well, it's fine."

"Mom!"

Gu Yiyi suddenly shouted from behind, shouting very loudly. Yan Li was startled. When she looked up, she saw Gu Heng holding Beibei and buying lollipops at the convenience store opposite the cemetery.

In fact, it’s pretty good to live like this.

So be it.


☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠☆⁠⁠☆☆⁠☆


And that marks the end of this novel! When I first read the end, I felt a bit unfulfilled... But as the ending sentence said, "So be it. (lol)" There are no extra chapters, but I think it's good to end things this way, leaving room for the readers to imagine what their future daily life would be. I just hope the author writes our cutie and thoughtful Yan Beibei in a group pet novel *fingers crossed*! 

Thank you for reading along, and if possible, leave ratings and reviews on Novelupdates. I will share more novels for everyone to enjoy~ (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)
 

Comments